The dental hygienist specialises in preventative dentistry and in particular, looking after the health of your gums. They will also offer advice on the best oral hygiene routine to follow at home as well as offering advice on lifestyle factors such as diet and smoking that can have a detrimental effect on the health of your teeth and gums.
At each visit, our hygienist will do three main things:
- Assess or re-assess your gum health, home care routines and lifestyle
- Remove any hard plaque
- Work with you to control damaging dental plaque so that your mouth can be healthier. Our hygienist will provide you with the skills, tools and techniques to help remove plaque from every surface of every tooth, every day!
Advantages of visiting the Hygienist:
Learn how to effectively brush your teeth – demonstrations on effective tooth brushing can help you to remove plaque without causing tooth wear and receding gums.
Improve the health of your teeth and gums – regular scaling and polishing helps to keep your teeth and gums health by removing plaque and calculus that can build up and cause gum disease.
Address the secondary causes of gum disease – by addressing lifestyle factors such as diet and smoking you can help to improve the health of your teeth and gums.
Remove stains – the hygienist will be able to polish your teeth to remove food and drink stains and therefore give you a brighter, whiter smile.
Remineralise the early signs of tooth caries – the hygienist can apply fluoride varnishes to help prevent cavities from developing.
Your daily dental hygiene routine
Follow this simple routine for a perfect daily dental hygiene routine. Toothbrushes, mouthwash, Interdental brushes, flossing ribbon and tongue scrapers are all available from our practice.
- Brush your mouth morning and night, concentrating on all areas of your teeth and gums
- Use an electric toothbrush for maximum cleaning effect
- Some patients can benefit from a good mouthwash after brushing
- Daily flossing or Tepe brushes help to remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth
- We recommend a tongue scraper to remove any debris on your tongue
- And of course a regular dental hygiene appointment with our experienced dental hygienist to remove plaque and tartar from those hard to reach areas
|New Patient Dental Health Check||£60|
|Routine Dental Health Check||£30|
|Hygienist Visit (30 minutes)||£51|