Your Dental Health Check is another name for your routine dental appointment or check-up.
At each check, your dentist will fully evaluate the health of your teeth and gums. Your dentist will start by asking your opinion on the health of your mouth and carefully listening to any concerns you may have. They will then use a small mirror and probe to assess your teeth for any areas of decay, acid erosion, toothbrush abrasion and gum disease. They may take x-rays to help them determine the health of tooth roots, the areas between teeth and the health of the bone in your jaw. Your dentist will also carry out an oral cancer screen at every visit. At Ringmer Dental we use a unique 10-step approach during your dental health check. This allows us to carry out a thorough check that is consistent each time you visit us.
Benefits of a Dental Health Check:
- Prevent Cavities – when the dentist cleans your teeth, removing the plaque and calculus, this can help to reduce the risk of dental decay.
- Stop tooth loss – gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults in the UK. At your dental examination, the dentist will be able to identify the first signs of gum disease and advice on an oral hygiene routine to help. They may also refer you to the hygienist for a deep cleaning.
- Brighten your smile – at your routine dental appointment the dentist will be able to clean your teeth, removing stains and improving the appearance of your teeth, brightening your smile.
- Boost your overall health – studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health. By ensuring you look after your oral health you can help lower your risk of developing some conditions such as heart disease and stroke.
- Save Money – routine dental appointments help you to save money in the long term, ensuring any problems are identified early, reducing the need for extensive dental treatment.
|New Patient Dental Health Check||£60|
|Routine Dental Health Check||£30|
|Hygienist Visit (30 minutes)||£51|
|Small Digital X-ray||£11|