Straighten teeth fast and invisibly with Invisalign
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses removable, near-invisible aligners, that are changed every few weeks to move your teeth into the desired position. The Invisalign aligners are barely visible and therefore allow you to straighten your teeth without anyone else needing to know. They are also removable so treatment can be fitted around your lifestyle.
What types of cases can Invisalign treat?
Invisalign aligners are custom made to move your teeth little by little, each shift taking you closer to the new you – efficiently, gently and accurately. Invisalign treatment is clinically proven to be effective and it can be used to treat mild to complex teeth straightening issues.
Is Invisalign treatment painful?
Invisalign aligners are made using the SmartTrack material, ensuring that the aligners fit snuggly over your teeth, improving tooth movement. You may experience some temporary, minor discomfort for a few days after you start wearing each new set of aligners. This is a sign that the Invisalign aligners are working to move your teeth to their final destination. This discomfort should go away within a couple of days.
Am I suitable for Invisalign?
Prior to treatment you will need to attend for an initial assessment, at this appointment the dentist will take impressions of your teeth to determine whether you are suitable for treatment. If suitable the state-of-the-art digital planning tools will enable you to see how your smile will look when treatment is complete, giving you complete peace of mind.
How often will I need to attend for appointments?
You will need to attend for appointments every 6 to 8 weeks, this allows the dentist to ensure that treatment is progressing as expected and to provide you with your next series of aligners to take home.
How do I care for my aligners?
The aligners are easy to remove, and this means that you can continue to perform a full and effective oral hygiene routine. This reduces the risk of developing gum disease and dental decay, that can occur with some other teeth straightening systems.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign allows you to eat normally – as the aligners are removable you will still be able to eat a normal diet.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible – Invisalign aligners are barely visible so no-one needs even know you are wearing them.
- Invisalign aligners allow you to continue to perform a complete oral hygiene routine – you will be able to brush and floss your teeth normally reducing the risk of periodontal problems.
- Invisalign aligners will not irritate your cheeks and gums – aligners are made of smooth, comfortable plastic and so will not catch on your cheeks and gums.
- Invisalign would reduce dental appointments – you will only need to attend for appointments every four to six weeks.