We all know how important good oral health is.
Here at Ringmer Dental we focus on preventive and general dentistry to ensure that you can keep your natural teeth for as long as possible. By attending regularly, we can ensure that any problems are identified early, reducing the need for extensive dental treatment.
Our highly experienced dentists have many years’ experience and are constantly undergoing additional training so are able to offer you the best possible solutions no matter what your concerns. Prior to any treatment, you will be given a full written estimate and we will ensure that you are aware of all the possible options available to you.
What is preventive dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is the modern way of helping you keep a healthy mouth. It helps you to keep your teeth and means you should need to have less dental treatment. By focusing on preventing decay and gum disease, you have more chance of being able to keep your teeth for life.
Can everybody benefit from preventive dentistry?
Yes, preventive dentistry can benefit everyone. It is excellent for children and young people, but it is never too late to start.
What can I do at home?
It is very important that you keep up a good routine at home to keep your teeth and gums healthy. We recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, with fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean in between your teeth with ‘interdental’ brushes or floss – brushing alone only cleans up to about 60 percent of the surface of your teeth.
How else can I keep my teeth healthy?
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Use a straw when you have fizzy or acidic drinks – this helps the drink to go to the back of your mouth and reduces the acid attack on the teeth.
- Chew sugar-free gum – it makes your mouth produce more saliva and stops your mouth drying out. It can also help to reduce plaque and prevent dental decay and erosion.
- Visit your dental team regularly, as often as they recommend.