Teeth whitening is an effective and affordable way to enhance the appearance of your smile.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can help to remove stains caused by food, drink and smoking and can also help to lighten teeth that have darkened with age. Teeth whitening cannot make a complete colour change, but it can lighten the existing tooth shade.
What teeth whitening do you offer at Ringmer Dental?
Here at Ringmer Dental we offer at home teeth whitening service. The dentist will first take impressions of your teeth. These will then be sent away to the laboratory for them to create custom made whitening trays. The dentist will then show you how to apply the gel to the trays and advise you how long you should wear the trays for. This will depend on the strength of the gel used and how quickly you are looking to get results.
What are the side effects of teeth whitening?
Some people may find that their teeth become sensitive to cold during or after the treatment. Others may have discomfort in the gums, a sore throat or white patches on the gum line. These symptoms are usually temporary and should disappear within a few days of the treatment finishing.
How long will the results last?
How long the results will last will depend heavily on your lifestyle. If you are a smoker, drink a lot of tea or coffee and eat staining foods your teeth will not remain as white for as long. Normally it will be necessary to top up your whitening every 2-3 years to keep your teeth looking their best.
What aftercare will my teeth need?
Caring for your teeth following teeth whitening:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Visit your dental team regularly, as often as they recommend.
- You can help to keep your teeth white by cutting down on the amount of food and drinks you have that can stain teeth.
- Don’t forget, stopping smoking can also help prevent discolouration and staining.
Benefits of teeth whitening
- Teeth whitening improves appearance dramatically – It is an excellent way to improve one’s appearance. Having a beautiful smile is now within the reach of anybody who wants it.
- Teeth whitening boosts self-confidence – looking good very often influences how people feel about themselves. Therefore, the whitening process improves a person’s self-confidence and the personal feel-good factor.
- Teeth whitening is very affordable – You can change your appearance a great deal with a simple teeth whitening procedure, for a relatively small outlay.
- A whiter smile tends to minimise the appearance of facial wrinkles – giving way to a more youthful and energetic appearance.
- Teeth whitening does not have any harmful side effects on your teeth – teeth are not damaged or weakened by the whitening process if carried out professionally by our experienced dentist and with prescribed material.